How do I avoid the most common mistake business owners make?
- Let go of your “baby.”
- See what you love and don’t love.
- Get the right people in your business.
Avoiding The Most Common Mistake Business Owners Make
One of the most common mistakes business owners make is being their own business’ bottleneck. In today’s TIPS, business coach Julian White shares how entrepreneurs can better handle this mistake.
The first step to avoiding the most common mistake business owners make is to simply let go. It does sound simple, but it’s one of the hardest things to do. Almost all business owners think of their businesses as their “baby.” As Julian White puts it, you can’t grow a business and “put a finger in all the pies.” You have got to let go.
The next tip from Julian White is to see what you love and what you don’t love about your business. The latter is what’s holding you back. There will always be things about your business that you don’t enjoy. So again, let go. Don’t be afraid to delegate. If not, it will only lead to procrastination on your part. Let other people handle what you don’t love.
Finally, you can avoid the most common mistake business owners make by hiring the right people. Whether you’re living in Australia or elsewhere, you can hire and fire whenever necessary. Just get the right people in your business. You are also allowed to let go of people you started with if they do not fit your business’ growth.
Don’t be your own bottleneck. Avoid the most common mistake business owners make through these useful tips. Good luck!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Tips for People Migrating to Australia, Shannon Semenikow – 033
- How to Get Your First Work Experience as A Student, Natasha Munasinghe – 051
- Facing Challenges, Fear and Making Decisions, World Champion Free Diver Anna von Boetticher – 040
- Negotiation strategies for international students, Juan Camilo Reyes – 028
- Looking For Student Accommodation In Australia, Sally Picot & Steve Diack – 005