What do you wish you knew before going to study overseas?
- Being open to taking new opportunities
- Experiencing local foods
- Meeting new people and experiencing the local community
- getting a part-time job
- explore the country (get out of the main cities)
- Make local friends
- Join cultural and social clubs
- Have your paperwork in order (travel insurance, health insurance)
- Have an app that translates the local language
Things to consider before going to study overseas.
Proactively taking opportunities, experiencing the local community and getting a part-time job are a few things those who plan to study overseas should consider. In this episode of TIPS, Phillip Fredericks shares what he has learned from studying overseas.
No matter how long or short your stay, time will surely fly faster than you anticipate when you study abroad. Make the most of your time as a student in Australia by exploring the country. Making friends among the locals and joining clubs and societies are also sure fire ways to make your stay meaningful and memorable.
Another way to add value to your time in Australia is to get a part-time job. This allows you to meet more people outside your regular network. Expand your connections and experiences as much as you can!
Life as an international student will surely be made easier when you know how to make each moment count. Enjoy each day and take everything as it comes.
Hope you consider these before going to study overseas to ensure you have a good experience when studying overseas. Best of luck!
This episode was possible thanks to
Bedssi.com (Accommodation Solutions in Australia)
Follow & Subscribe to “TIPS”
Listen to other episodes full of practical and actionable advice.
Subscribe using your favourite podcast player or find us on any of these:
Click below to follow TIPS on LinkedIn
You will like these other stories…
- Steps to Move A Business Idea Forward, Natasha Munasinghe – 042
- Mistakes Jobseekers Are Making in Their Interviews, Career and LinkedIn Content Advisor, Kirsty Bonner – 027
- Things to consider when students rent a house or apartment in Australia, Dan Alexander – 014
- What Did You Miss The Most about Australia, Priscila Trevisan – 053
- Common Mistakes People Make When Looking for Student Accommodation in Australia, Sally Picot and Steve Diack – 022